Thursday, January 24, 2013

Timeline

The timeline for my study is as follows:

  • Jan. 21-25:
    • Send home letter of consent
    • Have students sign letter of assent
    • Have students complete the survey I created to gauge their feelings on current reading and science instruction, what they would like to see change about it, and how they feel about reading non-fiction
  • Jan. 28:
    • Students will take the pre-assessment for the science/reading unit
  • Jan. 29 - Feb. 8:
    • Teach Mini-unit 1 and assess with quiz
  • Feb. 11-19:
    • Teach Mini-unit 2 and assess with quiz
  • Feb. 20 - Mar. 1:
    • Teach Mini-unit 3 and assess with quiz
  • Mar. 4-13:
    • Teach Mini-unit 4 and assess with quiz
  • Mar. 14:
    • Review unit skills and concepts
  • Mar. 15:
    • Students will take the post-assessment for the science/reading unit

Creating this timeline makes the study seem so much more real than just a few weeks ago!  I am a little nervous about getting the study off the ground, but I really believe that once I get into a rhythm I will become more comfortable.  My students seem intrigued and excited to be a part of the study and to help me learn more about teaching.  They are also thrilled with the idea of more science time during the week.  The next few weeks promise to be very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment