Saturday, January 19, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  I am a Graduate Student at Georgetown College and this semester I will complete a research study in my classroom.  The goal of my study is to find effective ways to incorporate science content with reading instruction.  This topic is important to me because there are only so many hours in a school day and teachers have a lot of content to cover during that time.  If teachers are able to "double dip" and teach science content while also teaching students reading strategies, it could greatly impact the amount of learning that occurs each day. 

I will use this blog to document my journey as I learn how to conduct action research within the context of my classroom.  I also hope to share my insights, concerns, breakthroughs, and frustrations along the way.  Thanks for coming on this exciting journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment